Is the lucky country’s luck running out?Australia and western governments across the world are facing one of the biggest challenges in the history of humanity: the increasing numbers of older people living longer on the pension. There are currently over 3.3 million of 65-year-olds in Australia and 84% of them are receiving the pension. This number is expected to double to 6 million by 2040. As the numbers keep on climbing in the next 25 years, the government will not afford to pay the pension, the related health and care costs without affecting the economy and sacrificing the future needs of the younger generations.
What can Australia (and western countries alike) do to weather the increasing budget deficits as more and more people retire without adequate retirement savings?
You must plan for a future without the pension:
The solution lies in shifting from a mindset and culture of entitlement to one of self-determination. It is the power of the individual who can make faster change than big governments stuck with red tape and politics that will eventually make the difference. My Magna Vision is to see an improvement in the numbers from 16% to 50% of those retiring in the next 25 years to become self-funded retirees. If you increase your Money Intelligence™ (MQ) level, you will be able to achieve yourfinancial liberation.
How do you achieve Financial Liberation?
The book’s main message is that you are not born with a Money Intelligence™ gene. Money Intelligence™ is learn-able and anyone can improve their MQ to change one’s human condition. I am asking each individual to liberate oneself from the physiological survival of the 9-5 daily grind—stuck with a mortgage and in need of a steady income—by becoming financially liberated. Then you can turn your attention to big-picture issues that this world needs to resolve—care about the environment, alleviate poverty, uphold freedom and pursue fairness.
In the book, I weave my parents' business story in Palestine throughout and share my clients' money journeys as I unveil my Money Intelligence™ (MQ) model. I share the values and mindset principles behind the model with you, the reader to help you increase your MQ by:
1. Redefining the concept of “Financial Strategy” as I assert that you cannot afford to make financial mistakes based on flawed financial assumptions. At stake is your retirement plan.
2. Proposing that Money Mindset is the basis for MQ: It is Mindset that determines the outcome and you need to understand your Money Mindset, explore your values, understand how your money beliefs determine your thoughts and consequently shape your destiny. I present you with 18 values and 48 money mindset principles that form the basis of theMoney Intelligence™ model.
3. Calling for the individual’s Financial Transformation to bring about social change:
· Shift the mindset from Consumerholic to Investorgetic™ —a term I coined to mean someone who is passionate about investing with a focus on your financial future. Learn how I get to identify sound and effective financial strategies and how I use those strategies to set the financial plan.
· Adopt the Investment Philosophy of Enough: Say no to greed and quantify your “enough money number” to retire on.
· Become a Money-Anchor™: The Money-Anchor™ is someone who believes that contribution, empowerment and compassion are the values you need to adopt in order to support each other starting with family, then society and planet Earth. The Money Anchor™ knows that giving of their time, knowledge and money is their way of following their life calling of contribution, empowerment and compassion. Without becoming a Money-Anchor™, money making is meaningless.
The book features a rich body of modern Palestinian art that's been created by a young and talented Palestinian artist and Ramallah resident, Natalie Najjar. Natalie manifests the 18 values and 48 money mindset values that I created in the book to communicate how love, life and art can be infused with money while one is anchored in one's values. Natalie has also created Mandala style colouring drawings that will be gifted to the reader with the book. My vision and that of Natalie's is to help humanity achieve peace in all its forms, inner and outer. Natalie is currently working on a Mandala style colouring book called Peace Inspirations - Reflections and Meditations. I will be supporting Natalie to have her colouring peace book published later this year.
Money Intelligence™ working for peace:
All profits from the book will be going to organisations that promote peace and art including Sydney Peace Foundation, Seeds of Peace, The Freedom theatre Jenin, The Gaza Music School, Project Hope Nablus, EAPPI, the Parents Circle Forum, Combatants for Peace and Peace Happens.
I have been inspired by the work of the book's artist Natalie Najjar this past year while working with her to design the book. My Magna Vision is to setup a Palestine Art Academy that aims at inspiring a new generation of young Palestinian artists like Natalie to commit to peace and justice in the world. Every dollar contributed towards the book will be going to achieving this vision. Your support will be making a difference to peace in the Holy Land.
About the Author:
Susan Wahhab was born in Jerusalem and grew up in her parents shop in Ramallah, Palestine in the 1970s and 1980s. She migrated to Australia with her family in 1986. She lives in Sydney with her husband Josh Govind and son Gabriel.
Susan Wahhab is a thought leader and financial strategist with an uncanny ability to create lateral solutions to complex financial problems (her clients simply call her the dream maker). She established her Accounting and Financial Services Practice—Winner Partnership Pty Ltd—in July 1995 using a $15,000 overdraft secured by her parents’ home. Hailing from a long line of small family business pioneers, Susan is passionate about small business and believes that governments can do more to help entrepreneurs and small business people flourish. She is particularly committed to empowering business and professional women to succeed.
Susan is a big Jane Austen fan and believes that Austen is one of the first modern woman rights activists. She is indebted to the suffragettes who came before her to make the world better for billions of women. She in turn wants to do the same and make the world better for the next generation of young women around the world and use her gift of Money Intelligence™ to transform the financial lives of women around the world. She believes that this is the next inevitable phase in female liberation.
Susan has a Bachelor of Business (Accounting), Masters in Commerce (Accounting), a Diploma in Financial Services, and Certificate in Property Services (Real Estate). She is a qualified CPA, an SMSF Specialist and a Licensed Tax Agent.